Thursday, January 28, 2010

Weekday Dinner - Leftover Makeover

On Monday night I made one of my favorite guilt-free comfort food recipes - Turkey Meatloaf. The first time I made this recipe, I thought there was no way it would all hold together, but I was wrong. Magically that gooey glob bakes up to a flavorful and compact little meatloaf. The problem is, it just makes too much for two people.

So I had a half-loaf sitting in the fridge that needed to have something done with it. (Leftovers are not my friend. I just don't like eating the same thing day after day. And there is nothing more disgusting than microwaved meat)

I stared at the tupperware container for a minute, then inspiration struck and I got cookin'. I took the leftover meatloaf and broke it down with a wooden spoon in a skillet. I let is sizzle for a minute and then added a splash of some Barbera d'Asti (which then paired wonderfully with the completed dish) and some tomato sauce I had left over from making pizzas last week. Mixed it all around and had what resembled a Bolognese sauce. I then prepared a pot of cheesy polenta (I used 1% milk instead of water)and scooped the turkey Bolognese sauce over it. It was delicious. So delicious, in fact, that I forgot to even snap a picture of it before it was all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment