Thursday, May 6, 2010

Finally Getting Back to Normalcy

Well, it has been nearly a week since I was out in California, working hard to earn a green pin, and I am just now starting to get back into the swing of things.  It is so weird to go from studying every single spare moment, to being able to do simple things like clean the house, enjoy a mimosa, and pet my cats.

While I wasn't successful in my first attempt at the Court of Master Sommeliers' Advanced Exam, I feel like I gained so much from the experience.  I learned so much, drank some darn-good wine, and forged some amazing friendships.  (Hey, I'm an honorary Seattleite now!)  Sure I wish I would have earned that green pin, but when only 13/52 people pass, I can't feel too terrible.  It is a hard exam (that's an understatement) and an emotional rollercoaster (wheeee!), and I now know how to better prepare myself for it all. 


So, I managed to survive...and I can't wait to get back in there and do it again next April.  But for now, I am going to relax (yeah, right) and get ready for my book release.

1 comment:

  1. Cool, I am behind you 100 percent, since you are writing for us! Congrats on the green pin girl!

    ReplyDelete