Some other new and unusual pairings that were fun to try included:
- Reuben Dip (all the ingredients you'd have on a Reuben sandwich, but in dip form) with a German Pinot Noir.
- Cream Puffs with an oaky Chardonnay (not a 'perfect' pairing, but it really made for an interesting combination. I need to seek out some late-harvest Chardonnay and try it with some cream puffs come State Fair time).
- Merieke Gouda with a lightly-oaked chardonnay.
- Sweet Salmon Spread on crackers with Spatlese Riesling.
- Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding with a dry, Paso Robles Zinfandel (the bread pudding wan't too sweet and worked wonderfully with the Zin).